Thursday 6 October 2016

Spice Bazaar by Nishane




Last week we chose cumin as our aroma of the week and to match, we chose Spice Bazaar by Nishane as our perfume of the week.

It's a perfume that has confused us all.  Do we like it, don't we like it - we just don't know.  We don't normally dither at all when it comes to thumbs up/thumbs down decision on a perfume but Spice Bazaar waivers between the two.

The opening is definitely spicy and offers us notes of ginger, cinnamon, cumin, pepper and saffron. The citrus is pretty much knocked from it's no. 1 'notice me' spot by the spices.....shy citrus?  Who'd have thought it!

From a feisty spicy opening the perfume pretty much remains as is.  Notes of rosemary and juniper add to the freshness keeping the perfume lively.  There are notes of cedar and vanilla to round the perfume off but to be honest, the perfume fades before we can really get to grips with these aromas.

A second squirt after two hours so that we can compare 'newly sprayed' with 'sprayed a while ago' proves to us that the perfume hasn't shifted, the backs of my hands are identical.

It is fresh and spicy, but that's it.  Somehow it feels flat and safe rather than bold and alluring.  I don't believe there are many spicy perfumes that I'd consider flat and safe, but Nishane, Spice Bazaar has ticked that box.

I'd happily wear it - but I think I'd layer it with a dollop of vetiver or patchouli or black musk to let it round off in the triumphant fashion I think it deserves.




No comments: