Thursday 18 August 2016

Tango by Aftelier Perfumes



I’ve been looking forward to this week’s perfume of the week as I covet Mandy Aftel’s perfumes.  In fact I hide them and only bring them out for special occasions so having the office smell of Aftel’s Tango this week has been like a guilty pleasure.

Tango – quite different to anything we usually spray.  It is smoky, spicy with hints of citrus.  It is dirty, leathery with a big shy floral.

It can be worn day time, night time, any time and with cosy autumnal jumpers, ball gown or bikini, it just seems perfect and indigenous every occasion and mode.

It features champaca (our aroma of the week) but it isn’t overly floral whatsoever.  The more apparent aromas are the ginger, choya (a species of frankincense), coffee, tobacco and tonka.  If I had to sum it up I’d say it’s smoky-dirty-pretty …and quite frankly I adore it.

I love Mandy’s description that she wanted to convey the naughty eroticism of a night of drinking, dancing and smoking – and in our opinion that is exactly what she has achieved with Tango.

No comments: